Good morning to all iShade Members,
The Social Security administration recently released Cost-of-Living adjustments for 2014. Attached is the complete list of changes. I have highlighted adjustments of interest below:
- Benefit increase - 1.5%
- Maximum taxable earnings - $117,000
- Quarter of coverage - $1,200
- Annual earnings test under FRA - $15,480
- Annual earnings test year FRA is reached - $41,400
- Average monthly benefit for all retirees - $1,294
We will be attending the Columbus CPA Show on November 14, 15. In addition to being an exhibitor, we are speaking on Social Security at 8:30 on November 14th. Please attend our presentation if you are attending the accounting show.
I look forward to meeting iShade members while in Columbus. Please vist us at booth #14.
As always, please call 513-351-5707 or e-mail email@example.com with any questions.
Marc Kiner, iShade Faculty, NSSA
Download Attachment (Social_Security_COLA_adjustments_2014.pdf)