Groups : Practitioner to Practitioner

Reply to Topic
  • Share:

1-800 Accountant

Posted on
Lisa Benson
Lisa Benson

I just saw a commercial for 1-800 Accountant. Just wondering what you think about this service and the TV commercials.

Replied on
William Brighenti, CPA
William Brighenti, CPA

I don't know.  Intuit advertises "professional" assistance for Turbotax tax return preparation, touting attorneys, CPAs, and enrolled agents online to assist callers.  I was informed that Intuit pays these "professionals" as little as $18/hour.  Honestly, I don't know a professional working for $18/hour worth his/her salt.

The Barefoot Accountant

Reply to Topic 
Replied on
Jeffrey Hirsch, CPA
Jeffrey Hirsch, CPA

1-800 accountant find clients to refer to a group of accountants.  There's an upfornt fee of approximately $ 5,000.00, if I remember the quote.  You obtain the contact info and try to win the client.

Reply to Topic 
Replied on
James Wilson
James Wilson

Had a bad experience with this group. While they will tell you that they will send you a steady stream of referrals, many of the leads are unqualified or unreliable. And the steady stream of referrals was a trickle. They did not live up to their obligation and were unfamiliar with the Philadelphia market.
Reply to Topic 
Replied on
Philip Erickson
Philip Erickson

I used 1-800 Accountants a number of years ago.  I paid 1/2 of the up front fee for half of the number of referrals.  I think I was supposed to get 10 referrals who became clients.  I got one referral for a business that was several years behind in tax filings.  They decided they couldn't pay a fee.  The only other client referral was a real estate based business whose prior accountant retired.  We discussed the engagement for weeks.  It came to an end when the prior accountant decided to put off retirement.  I called several times after that, but never got to talk to anyone.  Needless to say, they didn't offer me a refund.

Reply to Topic 

Respond

Have something to say?   Please Login or Register.

Login

Register