Groups : Tap the iShade Faculty!

Reply to Topic
  • Share:

Health Care Marketplaces Open October 1st - CPAs, Did Your Clients Inform Their Employees? Do They Know Which State Exchange They Should Use?

Posted on Edited on
Sylvia F. Dion, MPA, CPA
Sylvia F. Dion, MPA, CPA

On October 1st, 2013 the federal and state health insurance Marketplaces will go live! These health insurance Marketplaces, which were created by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) are the federal and state exchanges where small business owners and individuals can shop for and purchase health insurance for themselves, their families, and/or their employees.

If you have small business clients, my guess is you've heard them say that the various PPACA requirements are some of the most confusing rules for small business!

For one, there’s a whole new set of rules and unfamiliar terms, and different government agencies involved in the rule setting and administration, such as Department of Labor, the Internal Revenue Service and the individual state governments. There’s also been a delay in the implementation of certain aspects of the ACA.  But which requirements have been delayed, and which haven’t, and who is impacted by the delays, hasn’t always been easy to follow.

In this new post for SMB business website, AllBusiness.com, I explain what small business owners (including those with fewer than 50 full-time equivalent employees) should have done by now and which Marketplace exchange they should direct their employees to. The post also includes direct links to the 18 state Marketplace exchanges for those states that have created their own site (which is generally those states that will administer their own exchange) as well as to the federal site (for states that will have the federal government or the federal/state government jointly administer their exchange).  I invite you to read my new post: 

Health Care Marketplaces Open October 1st – Did You Notify Your Employees?

http://experts.allbusiness.com/small-business-owners-health-care-marketplaces-opening-october-1st-notify-employees/9795/#.Ukr6a4aa6fZ

Respond

Have something to say?   Please Login or Register.

Login

Register