Groups : Tap the iShade Faculty!

Reply to Topic
  • Share:

Marketplace Fairness Act Next Step or No Step? An Update & Resources

Posted on Edited on
Sylvia F. Dion, MPA, CPA
Sylvia F. Dion, MPA, CPA

The Marketplace Fairness Act of 2013 - a lot has been said about it since its passage by the Senate on May 6th. Why it should or shouldn’t be passed, who’s backing it and who’s opposing it, its potential impact on "smaller” online sellers, etc. Yep, there’s been no shortage of “discussion” on the Marketplace Fairness Act of 2013. (Let’s just say, there’s been a real “media frenzy!)  

But even though the Marketplace Fairness Act of 2013, S. 743, was passed by the U.S. Senate on May 6th, not much has occurred since then. With Congress returning from their summer recess this week, will the U.S. House decide to address it? Will we be hearing more in the coming days? 

In my new post for SalesTaxSupport's Issues, Insights and Ideas blog, I give an update on the status of the Marketplace Fairness Act. I also highlight that there are many aspects of sales tax administration (software, exemption certificates, etc.) that will be impacted if the Marketplace Fairness Act passes and point readers to the many great contributions by the SalesTaxSupport blogging crew. (Note, SalesTaxSupport's Issues, Insights and Ideas blog is also one of the many wonderful iShade blogs.) 

If you advise clients that are concerned with the potential enactment of the Marketplace Fairness Act, or have sales tax responsibilities for your company, I invited you to read my latest post:

"Marketplace Fairness Act – Next Step or No Step? Update & Resources" - http://www.salestaxsupport.com/blogs/sales-use-tax/internet-tax-ecommerce/marketplace-fairness-next-step-update-resources/

Respond

Have something to say?   Please Login or Register.

Login

Register